This novice Forklift Truck Operator course provides practical and theory training in operating a Reach, Counterbalance, Side Load and Pedestrian Pallet forklift trucks.
From £995 per course.
Call us on 01225 667 590 or email email@example.com
5 day course.
Novice Forklift Truck Operator Agenda
-Have a working knowledge of the operator’s handbook for the particular machine to be used – Reach, Counterbalance, Side Load and Pedestrian Pallet (PPT) trucks.
– Starting, moving and stopping the truck – Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions.
– Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain the functions.
– Be able to identify the different types of pallet/stacker trucks.
– Controls and instruments.
– Pre-use inspection and maintenance.
-Safely mount and dismount the machine.
– Stacking and de-stacking.
-Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely laden and unladen, in open and confined areas.
-Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area.
– Carry out lifting and load handling tasks.
– Fit, adjust and or remove attachments.
– Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation.
– Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
60 training centres
We have multiple training centres available across the UK. Locations include;
Manchester – Trafford Park, Cardiff, Leeds, Manchester Irlam, Edinburgh, Solihull, Swindon, Derby, London Staples Corner, London Beckton, Leeds Lowfield Road.
Who should attend?
This course is for operators with little or no previous experience using a forklift truck.
This novice forklift training course is to provide personnel with the knowledge and skills to operate an industrial forklift truck safely and effectively. It will allow the operator to stack and de-stack at various levels safely, carry out checks and renew their safety awareness.