Our industry leading Advanced Industrial Climber training course aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and practical skills required to carry out pre-use checks and set up temporary access systems on masts, towers and similar structures, as well as climb using double legged fall arrest lanyards. Delegates will also be informed on how to safely position themselves to work in these environments, review the requirements for emergency planning and carry out evacuations and rescues of suspended casualties using a nominated rescue kit.
New to this course
This course now includes:
Day One: Harness – Height Safety Equipment Appreciation and Inspection (MOD 1) (a.m.) and Occasional Industrial Climber (MOD 3) (p.m.)
Day Two: Advanced Industrial Climber (MOD 4)
£243. per course. Prices may vary.
Call us on 01225 667 590 or email email@example.com
2 day course. Course length may vary.
Who should attend the Advance Industrial Climber training course?
Those who intend to access towers, masts, or similar structures using fall arrest systems and use work positioning techniques to carry out work at height.
Course Entry Criteria
All delegates must be able to certify that they are physically fit and have no medical conditions that might prevent them working at height.
(A list of conditions that could affect practical training and work at height are available on request)
Over 60 training centres
We have multiple Advance Industrial Climber training course centres available across the UK. Locations include;
Manchester – Trafford Park, Manchester Irlam, Cardiff, Leeds, Leeds Lowfield Road, Edinburgh, Solihull, Swindon, Derby, London Staples Corner, London Beckton, Belfast, Barnsley, Wrexham, Corby, Heathrow, Cambridge, Stockton on Tees, Wellingborough, Gatwick, Liverpool – Bootle, Cardiff, Derby, Norwich, Crawley, Telford, Dundee, London – Sydenham.
- Height Safety Equipment Appreciation and Inspection (MOD 1) – for full course details please click here.
- Occasional Industrial Climber (MOD 3) – for full course details please click here.
- The effect of fall factors in an industrial location
- The need for careful assessment of the rescue implications prior to commencing the work task
- Have an awareness of hazards relating to work at height such as dropped objects, exposure to environmental conditions, etc and the importance of risk assessment prior to commencing the task
- The use of double lanyards to climb and traverse around a tower or mast, this will include ascent and descent of a 25m structure
- Installation of temporary fall arrest equipment and systems for access on towers and masts
All delegates will be fully conversant with an appropriate rescue system, which will normally include:
- The use of a self-locking descender to abseil
- How to free the casualty from suspension with the minimum exposure to risk
- The use of a rescue kit containing a self-locking descender to access a casualty and evacuate them down to safety
Equipment Covered During Training
- Full Body Harnesses
- Example anchor devices (Wire Strop, ATSL, HSL, etc.)
- Double Legged Fall Arrest Lanyards
- Fall Arrest Blocks
- Permanently Guided Typed Fall Arresters
- Temporary Guided Type Fall Arresters
- Work Position Lanyard and Harness
Delegates successfully completing the Advanced Industrial Climber training course will be awarded a Certificate of attendance and photo ID card valid for three years.
The ACDC Register offers an effortless pre-qualification questionnaire service, saving you time on administration and ensuring that you are compliant.
The ACDC Register is comprised of health and safety professionals that are qualified to the minimum NEBOSH National Diploma level and have vast experience within the health and safety sector.
Adaptable & innovative
We provide a seamless connection between yourself, building contractors and building services suppliers.
The ACDC Register is powered by Quidos Ltd, an accreditation body since 2006 with over 1,000 members.
Subscribing to the ACDC Register doesn’t just demonstrate to your customers, competitors, suppliers, staff and investors that you are committed to being compliant.
Being part of the ACDC Register ensures that you are committed to best practice, you are joining an established accreditation body that you can trust and you are being guided and assessed to the very highest standard of quality within the industry.
The ACDC Register. Raising standards, maintaining quality.