This course is designed to provide candidates with thorough practical and theory training in operating a Tower Crane
From £2,500 per course.
Call us on 01225 667 590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
10 day course.
CPCS – A04 Tower Crane – Novice
– Operating the crane safely and productively
– Responding to the recognised signals for controlling crane operations
– Deciding whether a particular load is within the capacity of the crane
– Minor adjustments and routine maintenance
– The capabilities of the equipment and any relevant safety precautions necessary for its operation, including the out-of-service procedure
– The purpose and method of operation of safe-load indicators and overload warning devices
– The effect of the working radius on the lifting capacity of the machine
– The purpose of counterweights and how to secure, check and maintain them
– The effect of shock loading on structural strength and stability
– The principles of safe slinging, the types and capacities of lifting gear, security and balance of load
– The statutory regulations in respect of lifting equipment and the operator’s own legal responsibilities
60 training centres
We have multiple training centres available across the UK. Locations include;
Manchester – Trafford Park, Cardiff, Leeds, Manchester Irlam, Edinburgh, Solihull, Swindon, Derby, London Staples Corner, London Beckton, Leeds Lowfield Road.
Who should attend?
Potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
You must have a basic understanding and knowledge of current Health & Safety issues. The relevant Health & Safety touch screen tests must be current and in date. (Completed within the last 24 months). More information can be found on the CITB website.
Your booking can only be confirmed once we receive the following information:
1. Existing CSCS Card Number
2. NI Number
One of our booking agents will be in contact with you 24-48 hours after you make your booking to collect this information prior to confirming your space on the course