This Harness – Height Safety Equipment Appreciation and Inspection (MOD 1) course provides delegates with a good understanding of the principles for using Personal Fall Protection Equipment (PFPE) and to make them aware of BS8437: 2005 – Code of practice for selection, use and maintenance of personal fall protection systems and equipment for use in the workplace.
This is a theory based course intended as a prerequisite to specific practical training.
£117 per course.
All prices are excluding VAT.
Call us on 01225 667 590 or email email@example.com
1/2 day course.
- Understand the legislation surrounding work at height and how this relates to them
- Understand the categories for safe work at height and the potential loads imposed on the equipment used: Work Restraint, Work Position, Fall Arrest
- Understand equipment standards and how they relate to user demands and their expectations
- Be able to carry out and understand the importance of pre-use inspections and checks
- Understand the importance of mandatory inspection and record keeping by an impartial competent person
- Understand the implications of being suspended in a harness and the importance of rescue provision when working at height
- Have an awareness of the planning and selection of methods of work at height
- Have an understanding of the guidance given in the HSE notice regarding using of harnesses in MEWP’s (MISC614)
- Be able to plan and select the correct equipment for a given task
- Have an awareness of hazards related to work at height
- Each delegate will be expected to fit and adjust a full body harness
- Delegates will identify different styles of work at height PPE
- Delegates will be expected to identify damage on samples of equipment
Over 60 training centres
We have multiple IPAF Training centres available across the UK. Locations include;
Manchester – Trafford Park, Cardiff, Leeds, Manchester Irlam, Edinburgh, Solihull, Swindon, Derby, London Staples Corner, London Beckton, Leeds Lowfield Road.
Who should attend?
Those involved in work at height using Personal Fall Protection Equipment (PFPE). It will also give supervisors an insight to the requirements and safe use of PFPE for work at height.
Harness – Height Safety Equipment Appreciation and Inspection (MOD 1) Delegates should bring their own comfortable clothing and footwear, with provision made for inclement weather conditions, i.e. fleeces, waterproofs, windproof, etc.
Maximum number of delegates
There is a maximum limit of 8 delegates.
Delegates successfully completing the Harness – Height Safety Equipment Appreciation and Inspection (MOD 1) course will receive a certificate of attendance and photo ID card valid for 3 years.
The ACDC Register offers an effortless pre-qualification questionnaire service, saving you time on administration and ensuring that you are compliant.
The ACDC Register is comprised of health and safety professionals that are qualified to the minimum NEBOSH National Diploma level and have vast experience within the health and safety sector.
Adaptable & innovative
We provide a seamless connection between yourself, building contractors and building services suppliers.
The ACDC Register is powered by Quidos Ltd, an accreditation body since 2006 with over 1,000 members.
Subscribing to the ACDC Register doesn’t just demonstrate to your customers, competitors, suppliers, staff and investors that you are committed to being compliant.
Being part of the ACDC Register ensures that you are committed to best practice, you are joining an established accreditation body that you can trust and you are being guided and assessed to the very highest standard of quality within the industry.
The ACDC Register. Raising standards, maintaining quality.