Our industry leading Occasional Industrial Climber training course aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and practical skills to carry out pre-use checks and use pre-installed access systems on masts, towers and similar structures. Delegates will also be informed on how to safely position themselves to work in these environments.
New to this course
This course now includes Harness – Height Safety Equipment Appreciation and Inspection (MOD1) in the morning.
£217. per course. Prices may vary.
Call us on 01225 667 590 or email email@example.com
1 day course. Course lengths may vary.
Who should attend the Occasional Industrial Climber training course?
Those who intend to access towers, masts, or similar structures using pre-installed fall arrest systems and use work positioning techniques to carry out work at height.
Course Entry Criteria
During training, delegates will be expected to carry out activities at a height in excess of 20m.
All delegates must be able to certify that they are physically fit and have no medical conditions that might prevent them working at height.
(A list of conditions that could affect practical training and work at height are available on request)
Over 60 training centres
We have multiple Occasional Industrial Climber training course centres available across the UK. Locations include;
Manchester – Trafford Park, Manchester Irlam, Cardiff, Leeds, Leeds Lowfield Road, Edinburgh, Solihull, Swindon, Derby, London Staples Corner, London Beckton, Belfast, Barnsley, Wrexham, Corby, Heathrow, Cambridge, Stockton on Tees, Wellingborough, Gatwick, Liverpool – Bootle, Cardiff, Derby, Norwich, Crawley, Telford, Dundee, London – Sydenham.
- Harness – Height Safety Equipment Appreciation and Inspection (MOD1) – for full course details please click here.
- Delegates will have an understand of the common features of permanently installed guided type fall arrest systems used for access onto towers and masts
- They will have an awareness of potential dangers and bad practices when using guided type systems, such as operative suspension, fall back and hoop ladder issues
- They will have an understanding of the limitations of Fall Arrest equipment and how to improve safety with respect to reducing impact forces, reducing fall distance and clearance requirements
- Delegates will have an awareness of basic Work Positioning techniques and where these can be applied to increase safety over the use of Fall Arrest techniques
- They will have an awareness of the common equipment abuses and how to select appropriate equipment to avoid this
- The delegates will also be given an awareness of rescue techniques and rescue equipment
- Have an awareness of other hazards relating to work at height such as dropped objects, exposure to environmental conditions
- The delegates will gain practical experience of climbing using the following types of equipment / systems:
- Full Body Harness for Work Position and Fall Arrest
- Fall Arrest Blocks
- Permanently installed guided type fall arrest systems
- Temporary guided type fall arrest systems
- Double Fall Arrest Lanyards
- Work Position Lanyards
- This will include climbing a permanently installed access system on a 25m structure
- Delegates will be shown and given the opportunity to use an example temporary horizontal anchor-line system
Equipment Covered During Training
- Full Body Harnesses
- Example anchor devices (Wire Strop, ATSL, HSL, etc.)
- Double Legged Fall Arrest Lanyards
- Fall Arrest Blocks
- Permanently Guided Typed Fall Arresters
- Temporary Guided Type Fall Arresters
- Work Position Lanyard and Harness
- Rescue Demo Kit (SHARK)
Delegates successfully completing the Occasional Industrial Climber training course will be awarded a Certificate of attendance and photo ID card valid for three years.
The ACDC Register offers an effortless pre-qualification questionnaire service, saving you time on administration and ensuring that you are compliant.
The ACDC Register is comprised of health and safety professionals that are qualified to the minimum NEBOSH National Diploma level and have vast experience within the health and safety sector.
Adaptable & innovative
We provide a seamless connection between yourself, building contractors and building services suppliers.
The ACDC Register is powered by Quidos Ltd, an accreditation body since 2006 with over 1,000 members.
Subscribing to the ACDC Register doesn’t just demonstrate to your customers, competitors, suppliers, staff and investors that you are committed to being compliant.
Being part of the ACDC Register ensures that you are committed to best practice, you are joining an established accreditation body that you can trust and you are being guided and assessed to the very highest standard of quality within the industry.
The ACDC Register. Raising standards, maintaining quality.