Our industry leading Practical Use of Personal Fall Protection Equipment training course aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and practical skills to safely install and use their own personal fall arrest equipment.
New to this course
This course now includes Harness – Height Safety Equipment Appreciation and Inspection (MOD1) in the morning.
£217. per course. Prices may vary.
Call us on 01225 667 590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
1 day.Course length may vary.
Who should attend the PASMA Mobile Access Tower Training?
Those who need to erect, dismantle and inspect mobile access towers safely.
Since the assembly and use of mobile towers can be physically demanding, users should be physically fit, in good health and should, generally, not have problems with eyesight or hearing, heart disease, high blood pressure, epilepsy, fear of heights / vertigo, giddiness / difficulty with balance, impaired limb function, alcohol or drug dependence or psychiatric illness.
Over 60 training centres
We have multiple Practical Use of Personal Fall Protection Equipment training course centres available across the UK. Locations include;
Manchester – Trafford Park, Manchester Irlam, Cardiff, Leeds, Leeds Lowfield Road, Edinburgh, Solihull, Swindon, Derby, London Staples Corner, London Beckton, Belfast, Barnsley, Wrexham, Corby, Heathrow, Cambridge, Stockton on Tees, Wellingborough, Gatwick, Liverpool – Bootle, Cardiff, Derby, Norwich, Crawley, Telford, Dundee, London – Sydenham.
- Height Safety Equipment Appreciation and Inspection (MOD 1) – for full course details please click here.
- Gain an understanding of where Work Restraint can be used instead of Fall Arrest techniques to increase safety
- Have an awareness of basic Work Positioning techniques and where these can be applied to increase safety over the use of Fall Arrest techniques
- Have an understanding of the limitations of Fall Arrest equipment and how to improve safety with respect to reducing impact forces, reducing fall distance and clearance requirements
- Have an awareness of the common equipment abuses and how to select appropriate equipment to avoid this
- Gain an awareness of the Rescue Implications when using Fall Arrest Techniques
- Have an awareness of other hazards relating to work at height such as dropped objects, fragile surfaces, exposure to environmental conditions
- Correct Fitting of a Full Body Harness
- Selection of Anchorage Points
- Use of Anchorage Devices
- Work Restraint Techniques
- Pre-use Inspection, Installation and Use of Fall Arrest Blocks
- Pre-use Inspection and Use of Temporary Guided Type Fall Arresters
- Pre-use Inspection and Use of Single / Double Fall Arrest Lanyards
- Pre-use Inspection and Use of Work Position Lanyards
- Demonstration of Rescue Systems
Equipment Covered During Training
- Full Body Harnesses
- Example anchor devices (including Wire Strops, Attachment Slings and Horizontal Safety Lines)
- Single and Double Fall Arrest Lanyards
- Work Position Lines
- Fall Arrest Blocks / Retractable Type Fall Arrest Devices
- Temporary Guided Type Fall Arresters
- Work Position Lanyard and Harness
- Rescue Demo Kit (Gotcha)
Delegates successfully completing the course will receive a Certificate of attendance and photo ID card valid for 3 years.
The ACDC Register offers an effortless pre-qualification questionnaire service, saving you time on administration and ensuring that you are compliant.
The ACDC Register is comprised of health and safety professionals that are qualified to the minimum NEBOSH National Diploma level and have vast experience within the health and safety sector.
Adaptable & innovative
We provide a seamless connection between yourself, building contractors and building services suppliers.
The ACDC Register is powered by Quidos Ltd, an accreditation body since 2006 with over 1,000 members.
Subscribing to the ACDC Register doesn’t just demonstrate to your customers, competitors, suppliers, staff and investors that you are committed to being compliant.
Being part of the ACDC Register ensures that you are committed to best practice, you are joining an established accreditation body that you can trust and you are being guided and assessed to the very highest standard of quality within the industry.
The ACDC Register. Raising standards, maintaining quality.