Our industry leading Rooftop Safety Awareness training course will provide delegates with an understanding of legislation relating to work at height and how it relates to working safely while accessing and working on roof tops.
All prices are excluding vat. Prices may vary.
Call us on 01225 667 590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
1 day course. Course length may vary.
Who should attend the Rooftop Safety Awareness training course?
Those who are working, supervising or managing work at height on industrial roof tops.
Course Entry Criteria
All delegates must be able to certify that they are physically fit and have no medical conditions that might prevent them working at height.
(A list of conditions that could affect practical training and work at height are available on request)
Over 60 training centres
We have multiple Rooftop Safety Awareness training course centres available across the UK. Locations include;
Manchester – Trafford Park, Manchester Irlam, Cardiff, Leeds, Leeds Lowfield Road, Edinburgh, Solihull, Swindon, Derby, London Staples Corner, London Beckton, Belfast, Barnsley, Wrexham, Corby, Heathrow, Cambridge, Stockton on Tees, Wellingborough, Gatwick, Liverpool – Bootle, Cardiff, Derby, Norwich, Crawley, Telford, Dundee, London – Sydenham.
Height Safety Equipment Appreciation and Inspection (MOD 1) – for full course details please click here.
Afternoon – Practical
- Understanding legislation relating to work at height and how it relates to working safely while accessing and working on roof tops
- Identifying suitable collective protection measures
- Understanding the categories for safe work at height using Personal Fall Protection Equipment:
– Work Restraint
– Work Position
– Fall Arrest
- Understanding what to expect from your equipment and how it’s designed to function
- Be able to select suitable personal fall protection equipment to safely work at height on rooftops
- Be able to carry out the pre-use checks of personal fall protection equipment and identify if and when an examination is required by a competent person
- Have an awareness of the use of PFPE in MEWP’s and understanding the guidance for use as a method of access onto rooftops
- Understanding how permanent horizontal and vertical fall arrest/ restraint systems function and the importance of re-certification
- Understand the importance of rescue and evacuation planning
Equipment Covered During Training
- Full Body Harnesses
- Work restraint and fall arrest lanyards
- Work positioning systems
- Horizontal trans fastener type systems
- Temporary horizontal safety lines
- Permanently installed vertical systems
- Double lanyards
- Practical training
- Practical assessment
The ACDC Register offers an effortless pre-qualification questionnaire service, saving you time on administration and ensuring that you are compliant.
The ACDC Register is comprised of health and safety professionals that are qualified to the minimum NEBOSH National Diploma level and have vast experience within the health and safety sector.
Adaptable & innovative
We provide a seamless connection between yourself, building contractors and building services suppliers.
The ACDC Register is powered by Quidos Ltd, an accreditation body since 2006 with over 1,000 members.
Subscribing to the ACDC Register doesn’t just demonstrate to your customers, competitors, suppliers, staff and investors that you are committed to being compliant.
Being part of the ACDC Register ensures that you are committed to best practice, you are joining an established accreditation body that you can trust and you are being guided and assessed to the very highest standard of quality within the industry.
The ACDC Register. Raising standards, maintaining quality.